Fine Art/worth an appraiser?

Question
flowers
flowers  

mountain
mountain  
I have two, what I consider old, paintings.  I have an animal rescue and we need funds.  I have none to spare, so I would appreciate it if you would let me know if it would be worth our while to have them appraised.
they are both oil on canvas
the one with the flowers was my grandmothers, she most likely got it at an auction in Amhurt, MA.  it is 25 x 30 and has Anco-bilt stamped on the back.  I cannot find a signature.  I also have the statue in the painting.
the other painting is 16 x 20, looks like Fredrich stamped on the back.  it belonged to an elderly German lady.  the signature is attached (hopefully).
thank you for your help

Answer
Hi Deborah,
Don't spend a dime on appraisals for these pictures. Here's my advice:
(1) Flowers. Your Grandmother picked a fun piece likely done by an artist local to Amherst, Massachusetts.  Multiple superb colleges and universities are in this area, so it could be a piece by an (unknown) art student.  It's actually a nice picture, with strong color. Probably brightened up a corner for your grandmother. She no doubt had fun raising her paddle at auction...who doesn't?  If it provides you a connection to a loved one, you are better off keeping it and hanging it where you might enjoy it and think of your relative on occasion.  Or pass it to someone else in the family?

(2) The mountain picture is not fine art. Try it on eBay? Give it a local charity to auction? Throw it in the rummage sale down the street? Leave it at the local art school for reuse of the canvas?  

Neither of these pictures would bring more than $25-50 in a local auction.  

Stuart Cartwright