Fine Art/1913 David Siqueros Plate Signed Colored Lithograph - Title: Zapatista

Zapatista 1913
Zapatista 1913  

Certificate of Authenticity
Certificate of Authent  
In the mid 1980s I attended an Art Auction/Wine Tasting in the Manteca, California Area. I purchased 3 Peices of Art that Night and this was one of them. I've never questioned anyone about the Authenticity because I had the Certificate on the Back of the Piece. Ref #18999-100 from Colier of Los Angeles. My son looked the Piece up Online recently and found ANOTHER from the Same Plate. Do You have Any Idea what something like this would Sell for in Today's Market? I have No interest in Selling but am interested to know if My $50.00 investment has yeilded any Profit........... Ha! One of the Other Pieces was by Victor Zarou, a well known European Artist - The Piece is "Stallions", no further information attached to this Piece. Any Information about These Pieces of Art would be Greatly Appreciated.   Sincerely, Walter R Diaz

Dear Walter,

Lithographs like the Siqueros you have will have multiple copies that exist, usually around 500 when plate signed in your particular case. As such the art world considers them to be reproductions with no real market value so your investment unfortunately has not accrued. The value in the artwork comes from having the work hand-signed by the artist which is different than a plate signature. A plate signature means that the signature was done in the printing process with the work itself and is therefore technically a facsimile signature. Hopefully that helps.
Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University