Fine Art/Francisco Ribera Oil on Canvas Painting

Question
Francisco Ribera painting
Francisco Ribera paint  

Francisco Ribera painting
Francisco Ribera paint  
HI I've recently acquired this painting.
It is signed in capital letters 'FRANCISCO RIBERA CMLXVIII'
The painting is approx.12" x 17"
It is oil on canvas (mounted on a wood frame)
I live in Kingston, Ontario, Canada and got this piece at our local Sharing Center from a 'free box'.  It looked interesting so I picked it up
Any help in identifying the title of this painting as well as the value would be great.
Thanks in Advance

Answer
Carrie,
Here's a quick answer: I don't know a lot about this artist. But here is where you can start. Try searching for "Francisco Ribera Gomez".  He is a listed Spanish artist who lived 1907-1990. Specialized in female figure painting. You'll quickly find many examples of his work.  As for the Roman Numerals by his signature, I suspect you are missing an "M" at the front which would date this artwork to MCMLXVIII or 1968, if I have my Roman numerals correct.  

If this is not a copy or seriograph, but his orginal work, I would tell you his very best (and in top notch condition) works have brought in the environs of $1,000 at public auctions in Europe. Copy or not, you have an interesting picture, I agree!

Stuart Cartwright