Fine Art/H.C. on Print / Joan Miro

Joan Miro Print 1
Joan Miro Print 1  

Joan Miro Print 2
Joan Miro Print 2  
Hi Andrew.   I acquired a Joan Miro print through the Goodwill Online Auction several months ago.   The description said that the print is an offset lithograph.   I received the print and noticed that aside from the bold text Joan Miro (1893-1983), Carota 1978.

The print also has the artist signature on the right side, and in small text which appears to be hand written, H.C. VII/XXV

My question is could the H.C. VII/XXV be part of the plate used to make the print, where all copies in the world will have the same exact marking, or could this be a special kind of print where there are only 25 copies made of this particular print and this copy is is number 7?   

Also, how can I obtain a certificate of authenticity for such a print?  I live in New york City.  

Thank you.

Dear Steve,

What you have appears to be a reproduction of an original print by Miro which is unfortunately worth what the art world calls decorative value. The work is facsimile signed which means the signature was printed with the image and the same is for the edition. In doing some research I did manage to find a place in another country that sells similar ones to yours if you want to browse their website and contact them:

In regards to a Certificate of Authenticity as you did not purchase the work directly from a gallery, if you are interested in one, the only way you can receive one is from the the Association pour la Défense de l'œuvre de Joan Miró (ADOM) who handles all authentication work for Joan Miro. Their contact information is below and best of luck. Andrew Evans

34, rue de Miromesnil
75008 Paris
Tel +33 (0) 1 44 56 06 07

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University