Fine Art/hobo clown

hobo the clown
hobo the clown  

i have a painting of hobo the clown. i can not make the name out. it also stated print transfer on board when i bought this is this so to your knowledge. and could you tell me the name of the artist.  thanks

Dear Tanya,

The painting is signed "Joyce". It is a reproduction of a painting by Emmett Kelly; an artist famous for painting clowns. I found an almost identical one with the date of 71 on ebay with the same signature. I am guessing the name Joyce was used by a commercial artist; likely Chinese and the work has been imported for the decorative market. I will give you a link to the other one that sold on ebay.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.