Fine Art/hobo clown

Question
hobo the clown
hobo the clown  

signature
signature  
i have a painting of hobo the clown. i can not make the name out. it also stated print transfer on board when i bought this is this so to your knowledge. and could you tell me the name of the artist.  thanks

Answer
Dear Tanya,

The painting is signed "Joyce". It is a reproduction of a painting by Emmett Kelly; an artist famous for painting clowns. I found an almost identical one with the date of 71 on ebay with the same signature. I am guessing the name Joyce was used by a commercial artist; likely Chinese and the work has been imported for the decorative market. I will give you a link to the other one that sold on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Framed-Emmett-Kelly-Clown-Painting-original-art-

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley