Fine Art/portrait of a woman/arms of coats

portrait of a woman
portrait of a woman  

portrait of a woman
portrait of a woman  
i have a portrait of a woman possible by Giovanni ambrogio de predis. it states oil on canvas.   also i  do not know what this item is. possible arms of coat. on back it says something during the time of henry the third

Dear Tanya,

What you have looks to be a reproduction of "Beatrice d'Este" by Leonardo Da Vinci. Giovanni Ambrogio de Predis could have created a copy of Da Vinici's work as artists were and still are known to do. From the photos it does not appear to be an oil as there is no crackling like one would expect to see on an oil from that long ago and if it was an oil on canvas it would not be on paper and would not have typing below it. The typing must be information relating to the work that is represented above which means it must have been purchased as a memento from a show of some sort. I am sorry it is not better news and that is just one opinion. I can suggest taking it to an auction house or even an antiquities dealer near you and having them take a look at it for an evaluation in person. Best of luck.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University