Fine Art/Billingsgate Etching

Billingsgate by Whistler - 1859
Billingsgate by Whistl  

Billingsgate by Whistler - 1859
Billingsgate by Whistl  
I have an original etching titled "Billingsgate" done by James Abbott McNeill Whistler in 1859.  I understand this is a very valuable piece. What is the best way to get an accurate value for this and other original etchings/paintings that I wish to sell?

Dear Karen,

The most accurate way to get a value on your works is to take them to a free evaluation day at an auction house because the auction house presents the most current status of the art market without any inflation. They have experts and access to listings that are able to assist in the history of the works and add some background knowledge to the pieces that might aid in you selling the works. Its also good to shop around for values so you can see the range that different places put on them and it aids in letting you know where you might be willing to sell them. Hopefully that helps. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University