Fine Art/Eugene Garin

Question
Garin
Garin  

Garin
Garin  
I have two Eugene Garin paintings.  They look real, but I am not sure because I have never had any "real" art before. One of the paintings has a C-80 next to his name, my husband said that was because it was a commissioned piece done in the 80's.  I would like to sell them, but not sure where and how to do that or how much to ask for them.

Answer
Dear Christy,
I believe your paintings are reproductions on canvas after original paintings. Based on the driftwood and signature, I found another print of the one where you posted the signature only. It is titled Stormy Cove. Try doing a Google search of Eugene Garin Stormy Cove and you should be able to locate it. I did not find the other one, but it too looks like a print. I cannot be certain without personal inspection so my recommendation is to take it to a local gallery or high end antique store and have someone take a look at them for you. I can say that if your painting is the same as Stormy Cove then it is a reproduction as they are being sold online. The C 80 likely stands for Copyright 80; either the year or inventory number. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley