Fine Art/Eugene Garin

I have two Eugene Garin paintings.  They look real, but I am not sure because I have never had any "real" art before. One of the paintings has a C-80 next to his name, my husband said that was because it was a commissioned piece done in the 80's.  I would like to sell them, but not sure where and how to do that or how much to ask for them.

Dear Christy,
I believe your paintings are reproductions on canvas after original paintings. Based on the driftwood and signature, I found another print of the one where you posted the signature only. It is titled Stormy Cove. Try doing a Google search of Eugene Garin Stormy Cove and you should be able to locate it. I did not find the other one, but it too looks like a print. I cannot be certain without personal inspection so my recommendation is to take it to a local gallery or high end antique store and have someone take a look at them for you. I can say that if your painting is the same as Stormy Cove then it is a reproduction as they are being sold online. The C 80 likely stands for Copyright 80; either the year or inventory number. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.