Fine Art/old painting identification

Question
old painting
old painting  

old painting
old painting  
Hello,

I have just acquired an oil painting from Belgium, a beautiful landscape, seems to be very old, but the signature is almost not readable. I am just an amateur, but I would like to know your opinion concerning the quality of this painting and if it's possible, something about the painter.
Thank you in advance,
Simonne

Answer
Dear Simonne,
It is a lovely painting. I would say mid to late 19th century. I cannot read the signature, but appears to start with Po, then maybe an l or v. The frame looks to be from the same period. Any other writing on back? I don't know if I can help, but if you want to send high quality jpeg images as attachments to my email I will see if I can read the signature. Email the entire image, close up of the signature and the entire back to dolly12@aol.com. Please put Simonne all experts in the subject line.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley