Fine Art/old painting identification

old painting
old painting  

old painting
old painting  

I have just acquired an oil painting from Belgium, a beautiful landscape, seems to be very old, but the signature is almost not readable. I am just an amateur, but I would like to know your opinion concerning the quality of this painting and if it's possible, something about the painter.
Thank you in advance,

Dear Simonne,
It is a lovely painting. I would say mid to late 19th century. I cannot read the signature, but appears to start with Po, then maybe an l or v. The frame looks to be from the same period. Any other writing on back? I don't know if I can help, but if you want to send high quality jpeg images as attachments to my email I will see if I can read the signature. Email the entire image, close up of the signature and the entire back to Please put Simonne all experts in the subject line.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.