Fine Art/I think that I have an original Miro….I can't find anything about it on the net.

Miro\'s signature
Miro's signature  
I got this at an estate sale a few years ago. The lady at the estate sale told me that her mother bought it in New York; she thought some time in the early 1960's, and her mother was "in the art world" (whatever that meant). It was in the original frame that had badly broken glass....the frame fell apart when I picked it up. The glass had broken years ago and had since been in storage in mother's house (with the glass broken, so elements aged the piece) up until I bought it at the estate sale. I immediately reframed it in an Ikea large poster frame because I did not want it to get further damaged and I wanted to spend the money on an appraisal, over spending the money on a new professionally matted frame. I have been looking and looking online for so very long for any information on this piece and I can find nothing about it. I have not looked through his books of work though. So I don't have a title name, nor any real info on it or it's providence. I can not even tell if it is a lithograph (or some other kind of gouache print)....but it looks like partial print (because of pencil lines in the corners to line up the plate and make straight?) ....but there are parts of it that looks like brushed-on paint. The White paint (flower) looks like it was some type of thin oil paint and the oil kind of "bled" (not sure if that is the correct term to use). The piece is huge and a bit damaged from the is poster-sized and it is on some kind of old-card-stock. The signature was scratched by the glass and the date looks like maybe 1945? I am looking for any information on this piece. Preferably if it has been documented with a Title-name.

It has the earmarks of a limited edition print, but I see no edition numbers.
The Miro works I have sold in the past all had pencil edition numbers, they were low editions like 15 prints or maybe up to 50 prints. This could be an after? I'll have to research the image, find a match and then see if there were afters or open edition prints made. If it were an original, it most likely would not have that large border, you can google Miro original art and you will see results, many of them have no paper border around the image. The paper you are referring to is probably a heavy weight arches style paper, it seems to be browning or yellowing, so It could be a low end print on a graphic weave paper? Takes research, I'll see what I can find.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.