Fine Art/Painting

Flower Pot
Flower Pot  
Bought a painting at an auction I liked because it was so detailed. I think it says KADAS G.Y. or G.T. and on the back it has David Bennan's Fine Art Gallery in Baltimore. Just would like to know who the artist is, and the history behind it if possible. Thanks in advance! Painting isn't in the best shape, just a few spots of white stuff on it, and some scratches that are hidden by the frame where it looks like someone took it out improperly. :<

Dear Adam,

I can give you limited information. Your artist is Gyula Kadas (Hungarian 1939). All of the artists paintings sold at auction in Europe, mainly Germany and France. I was not able to locate a biography or current location of the artist, but this should give you enough information to continue your research. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.