Fine Art/Roya lStaffordshire Pottery

I am sending more pictures of the mark as requested. Thank you for your time.

Your Question was:

I am trying to find out the age and value of this wash basin and pitcher.
I have found a similar mark but no match. My mark does not have England or a
company name(A.J.Wilkinson).The period of operation for A.J. Wilkinson was
I discovered Registered Numbers were added to marks after 1883 and the word
England was added after 1891. Would that date these pieces between 1886-1891
based on the information found online?
The pattern has a registered number but I have had no luck finding it online.
The wash basin is 16" diameter and the pitcher is 10" tall.

Following is the reason:

Hello Donna and thanks for the question.
Unfortunately, I am unable to read the  big light green mark, as it is very
faint and  not sharp.
Therefore, if you could take another -  and a much clearer image, then I may be
able to help you.
Take care.

Hello again Donna and many thanks for the very good images.
In fact, you are also exactly correct in dating these items,  in fact - Arthur.J. Wilkinson started using the letters >> LTD << on all its marks  - after 1896.
Similar items, were also produced by the Royal Doulton factory, and both are  inspired  by the Belgian workshops of  Bing, who also travelled quite extensively in both China and Japan, during the 1880's.
So, soon after his return he began designing objects with an oriental design,  and  such things really became highly fashionable.
Later in Brussels he started his own studio and became a leading figure of influence in both  ceramics and jewelry.
The pattern in  question is that  of >> Reve d'Orient <<  and was  produced in a rather exclusive and limited edition.
At  the very beginning I was unable to ascertain if it were a reproduction -  or an original;  however I feel quite confident that it is an original item.
I hope, that my answer  is of some use to you - and very good luck with the object, as it is quite valuable
Take care.

D. E. Lombardo

I am unable to answer enquiries concerning objects, which are NOT related to the areas of Fine Art and Antiques. Nor will I; on the sole basis of any photographic images be willing to give any definitive monetary valuations, or monetary opinions. In such cases I would always advise on getting “real time” valuations and opinions from reputable and qualified auction houses, or third parties. In some applicable cases, I may perhaps give general indications of value, based on the presented materials. True valuations always need a direct “hands on” approach, with perhaps also the necessary research and verifications. Broadly open to almost all questions, regarding the majority of both European, American quality objects, which are related to both Antiques and Fine Art. This also includes modern 20th century designer objects such as furniture etc. My own particular comfort zone areas would be; The decorative Arts, marble, stone, furniture, ivory, bone, amber, ceramics and porcelain, sculpture, glass, silver and metal objects etc. I will also answer inquiries, and give opinions concerning Dutch 17th, 18th and 19th century paintings. Please note that I do have limitations and cannot possibly answer all questions, as the field is very extensive. VERY IMPORTANT and PLEASE NOTE: Please note that; providing > GOOD CLEAR and Preferably High Resolution < photo's of the object(s)in question, is vital. Pics taken with a cell/mobile phone, are of a poor quality and best avoided. Posting signatures only, or just fragments of an artifact - will only provide me with insufficient information and it is often quite misleading. So please; Do post good clear overall images, with your question(s). Failing to do so, may cause rejection, which is also a great pity.

Since the early 90’s I lead a team of very enthusiastic staff at a business, where have the following disciplines; Restoration and refurbishment of historical buildings and gardens, including interior design. The restoration and care of Fine Art and Antiques at our restoration studio We are also Fine Art and Antique dealers, besides being collectors ourselves for a great number of years.

The main professional organization of which I am a member is the BNA, or Association of Dutch Architects, which is equivalent to the US; American Institute of Architects. Affiliated to the Art Loss Register in London and the International Cites Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

Villa Rufolo; The forgotten paradise on earth. Published by the University of Aarhus, Denmark Book reviews and articles for International Archis Magazine, in the Netherlands.

Since I wished to become a Restoration Architect, firstly I took my BA degree in Art History. Then after graduation, I followed this immediately by studies to graduate and become a Restoration Architect. Ever since then, I have been an established Restoration Architect and Antiquarian. Since a great number of buildings are also inhabited by Fine Art fixtures and furnishings, I also became absorbed by all the artifacts, which go to fill them and not only the edifices themselves. This and much more, was the reason for gaining an advisory post on the City Commission; For The Protection and Care of Historic Monuments of Amsterdam - Amstelveen.

Citations and gratitude; “From the Town of Amalfi” for the groundwork achieved in order bring back the Historical past to the Medieval Villa Rufolo and its vital role in the region. BA in Art Hisory. Graduation Diploma as an Architect & Antiquarian; and also practicing as such. I have also completed a 3 year course in antiques, at the VHOK in Amsterdam VHOK is translated as; ( "The Association of Fine Art Dealers In The Netherlands.")

With a view to the present lawmaking on privacy and reasons of confidentiality, this topic will remain private.