Fine Art/Alberto Cecconi

Question
Cecconi
Cecconi  

Signature
Signature  
Dear Dolly D Headley.
I have a painting signed Cecconi.
The size is 50*70cm.

I will be grateful if you could indicate  if this is an original painting.

Answer
Dear Oystein,

Though difficult to tell by a photograph, your painting appears to be original oil by Italian artist Alberto Cecconi (1897-1973). The signature is consistent including his preferred use of red when signing. Your elderly man is also consistent with his work. He is well known for his portraits of fishermen, tavern men; and the common folk of the town.
You can do a search of his name to see other images of his work and the current pricing on the market.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley