Fine Art/de Clausade

I recently acquired a painting/print and I am unsure if it is an original or if it is a reproduction. I understand that this artist is not your specialty but any information is appreciated.

Here is the information on the painting/print

Catalda Fine Arts Inc. New York
Title Serenity
Artist de Clausade
# SA914

Thank you.

Dear Brittany,

Unfortunately your work is a print. Catalda Fine Arts produced reproductions of famous paintings or paintings by famous artists during the mid-twentieth century making those works reproduction with only decorative value (no real collectible value). The purpose of such reproductions was to sell them in mass in stores, which your work matches, as I found other copies of your work with details that read:
Catalda Fine Arts, Inc. New York, New York.
Title: 5251 Serenity
Author: Pierre De Clausade
Frame SA914

I can tell you if you want more detailed information, there is the Colonial Art Gallery & CO which acquired all of Catalda's assets in 1983 and they should have records if you want to contact them and see what they might be able to provide you with. I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University