Fine Art/art estimate

I'd like to get a price range or estimate of an artist's work. If I provide you with the artist's name can you give me an estimate? I know his prices are listed in but I'm not a paying member of that site.

I'd appreciate any help.

Dear Jim,

Unfortunately not for a particular artist as that is too broad and vague for me to be comfortable with, but I can suggest a free site called Mutual Art which you can sign up for and they do have an option where you can try a premium membership for free which provides the same features as Art Price. You can also go onto the Sotheby's, Christie's or Bonhams sites and search their past sales catalogs for free by artist which will disclose the Hammer Price of the item unless the buyer has specifically stated they do not want it disclosed. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University