Fine Art/art estimate

Question
I'd like to get a price range or estimate of an artist's work. If I provide you with the artist's name can you give me an estimate? I know his prices are listed in artprice.com but I'm not a paying member of that site.

I'd appreciate any help.

Answer
Dear Jim,

Unfortunately not for a particular artist as that is too broad and vague for me to be comfortable with, but I can suggest a free site called Mutual Art which you can sign up for and they do have an option where you can try a premium membership for free which provides the same features as Art Price. You can also go onto the Sotheby's, Christie's or Bonhams sites and search their past sales catalogs for free by artist which will disclose the Hammer Price of the item unless the buyer has specifically stated they do not want it disclosed. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans