Fine Art/Re: Carl Strathmann painitng

Question
Carl  Stratmann
Carl Stratmann  
"I was gifted a painting aprox 15yrs ago by a woman who died at the age of 104. She was from Germany and it wasn't until recently that I took a second look at the painting and realized it appears to be an original piece of work by carl strathmann. I have had no luck online except auction houses which require payed membership to view his art sales. I have researched enough to know this could be very valuable. It is painted on the original paper with penciled markings on the back which look like "rough draft" measurements. It is signed with the year 1927. What I haven't been able to find is an image anywhere on Google that is a replica. Is it possible this was a gift to her and wasn't ever put in circulation? The age and origin of each of them fits. Thank you for your time and input. :)"

Answer
Dear Paula,

Carl Strathmann's works are outside of my expertise so I cannot speak as to it's authenticity.  I can however recommend that you take the work to an auction house or even a gallery that sells his works to get your answer. In regards to the price of his original paintings, a majority have gone unsold at action but range from $200-$1,400 and the last still life was "Flower Vase" which sold in 2013 from Kedem Auctions, Tel Aviv for the Hammer Price of $1,300 which means it really went for $975 after taking away the auction fees which are usually 25% of the Hammer Price. Hopefully that gives you some information and best of luck.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans