Fine Art/1960's Wood Painting

Wood painting
Wood painting  

My Grandfather owned a night club in 1960's and bought this beautiful wood painting that now sits in an attic. I am wondering what it depicts, who the artist my have been, and how much it might be worth. It is signed "Rodolfo" on the bottom right corner. I would grateful for whatever information I could recieve.

Dear Francesco,

I researched based on the single name of Rodolfo, and though there are a few listed artists with the same last name, none of the work matches the style of your painting. There are many listings with Rodolfo as the first name. It is impossible to know if this represents a first or last name. It appears to be an Italian or Spanish style courtyard painted very simply; likely plein aire (at the location). Value is probably as a vintage decorative piece. It may have more value as something your Grandfather must have enjoyed having in his bar.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.