Fine Art/chagall?

woman reading
woman reading  
Hello Andrew.
Although I stated in subject line, Chagall?, I. Believe it might be someone similar.
It is an artist proof, and all i can decipher from the signature appears to be...Doswala. But its very faded so I may be well off.
Does the print or style look like any artist you're aware of?
Thanks for your time.

Dear Roger,

Unfortunately you are correct, this work is not a Chagall. The particular artist you own features a completely different style and color palette than Chagall which you can view here for some really great examples:

The artist of your work is unfamiliar to me and nothing came back in my image database of help. I can suggest that you try taking it to a local auction house on a free evaluation day and see if they might be able to assist you as they have trained experts in a bevy of art categories and looking at the work in person might be able to offer up some more information. Best of luck. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University