Fine Art/Worth of Chagall lithograph

Question
Greetings. I have a signed and numbered in pencil lithograph of Chagalls opera ceiling. 317/500. It is the finished ceiling as opposed to unfinished in that the circles are filled in. I'm wondering about its ballpark worth. It is matted and framed nicely too. Quite large. Thanking you in advance. Deborah Heitter

Answer
Dear Deborah,

As your Chagall, "Paris Opera Ceiling", is from the edition of 500 it is a facsimile signed lithograph and is therefore considered a reproduction on the art market as it is not hand-signed by the artist. The "Paris Opera Ceiling" lithograph edition of 500 sells anywhere at auction between $50 to $300 depending on the condition and frame. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans