Fine Art/Degas Dancer with Arms Akimbo

Question
Dancer with Arms Akimbo
Dancer with Arms Akimb  
I have a vintage reproduction print labeled ' Published by Shorewood Publishing Inc, Museum of Fine Art Boston, Dancer with Arms Akimbo, Degas. See attachment.

It measures 23 1/2" x 18 1/2" on sturdy 1/8" pressboard(?) (will not roll or bend).

My research suggests this was reproduced around the 1960s from the original art work at the Museum of Fine Art, Boston, but this has been hard to confirm 100%. I am trying to identify the type of print and paper used. Is it a lithograph or other museum archive quality? Does the thick pressboard have a different name? I want to understand what separates this vintage print from any digital print done on flimsy poster paper today. Is there a higher quality of materials or processes used? Any information would be appreciated.

Answer
Dear Kiova,

It sounds like its a type of mat board with the density that makes it hard to bend or roll without causing stress lines and there are several companies that produce them. "Vintage" is simply the term applied to older objects so there is no real difference except in the type of paper used. In regards to reproductions bought at museums, the Museum of Fine Art Boston most likely printed it to promote an exhibit but as it is a reproduction, it has no market value. It has a decorative value between $30-50, and unfortunately as I don't have much experience with reproductions I can't tell you much else, but hopefully the information helps. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans