Fine Art/J F Herring Sr. Print

Farmyard Friends
Farmyard Friends  

Back of frame
Back of frame  
I have a print of Farmyard Friends by J F Herring Sr. It was printed in 1984 by felix rosenstiel's widow & son ltd. It has a number 700/76 made in Great Britain. I have tried to find other prints but I can't even find a picture of the original. Just wondering if this print is worth hanging on too, and if there is any value to it. It is in the original frame, it does have a water stain on the back but it doesn't affect the print in any way.

Dear Amanda,

This is outside of my comfort zone but as the publisher for the work, Felix Rosenstiel's Widow & Son Ltd. does still exist I would contact them regarding actual information about the work itself. They will hopefully still have records of the work, and you should be able to contact them on their website here: .

As for the value of the work, as the work is a print, it is a reproduction meaning multiple copies exist and the work is not hand-signed which greatly affects the value, putting it around $20-$40 at the most, as I could not find an example of it. There was a pair of hand-signed prints that sold at auction for $90 by another artist that were also published by Felix Rosenstiel's Widow& Son Ltd. which is what I'm basing the value at. Hopefully that information helps. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University