Fine Art/Oil on canvas "Ladies" painting

I've an image of both sides.

Hi Julie,
Thanks for sharing your lovely seascape. Not sure what your question is, but I will comment briefly.  Looks from the frame as if this is a large picture.  An impressionist beach scene, and certainly the figures are in period dress.  It looks like a very recently done picture ho wever,perhaps created to resemble a late nineteenth century piece. This style of picture is very often found in art shops selling pretty paintings for the living room wall.

Here are three outlets in North Carolina to whom you might show your picture, if you are trying to do further research:

Brunk Auctions in Asheville
Leland Little in Hillsborough
McColl Fine Art in Charlotte.

In the meantime, hang your art and enjoy it!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration