Fine Art/painting

Question
barn scene
barn scene  
My mother'n'law has a painting she would like a value for.can you give us an answer. Thank you

Answer
I cannot tell much about this painting. What is the size, is it on canvas or board, is it in fair, good or excellent condition?  Is this an oil painting?  Is it a lithograph?  Is it under glass?  How old do you think it is?  Any history you can give the appraiser?  Can you decipher the signature?  What does the reverse side look like?  An appraiser usually needs a good all around look at the artwork.  

I'd advise taking it in person to any nearby auction houses in order for a professional auctioneer or art dealer to get eyeballs on the artwork.  That is your best bet for obtaining an estimate of value.  I say "estimate" because no one can predict what one (or hopefully several) person might be willing to pay for the landscape until they show up and make offers.  but a good dealer will give you a fair estimate.  

Stuart Cartwright