Fine Art/Painting signed H Antone

Question
painting
painting  

signature
signature  
Hello, i recently acquired this beautiful painting that is signed by H Antone. It measures 36x24 for the canvas and with frame included it is 33 1/ 2x 45 x 2 1/2. The frame is wooden. I did a search on Google and found a couple other paintings by the artist so I don't think it was just some homemade painting by a regular person, but rather by an actual artist. I could not find any information on the artist though.

Are you able to tell me anything about H Antone(when they lived, where they're from, etc) or an estimate of possible value?

PS the medium is oil. Thank you so much.

Answer
Dear Mark,

This is outside of my knowledge base, and I could not find any information regarding H. Antone as none is listed, however the work of art was sold at auction twice. Once in 2006 where it sold for $500 from Brunk Auctions, and then again in 2013 where it sold for $250
( http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/20912643_oil-painting-flemish-style-still-li )

The value of the work has gone down since it's initial appearance on the market, so the estimate of the current value would be the last auction price which is $250. It looks like Bonhams has sold one of H. Antone's pieces before (http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/14920/lot/394/) so in regards to the artist themselves, you might be able to contact Bonhams and see if they can assist you further in researching the artist. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans