Fine Art/Peter Hayward Painting

I have a signed Peter Hayward Painting called "Brookside Mill". I was trying to see if it was authentic and what is the value. It has a gold tag with artist name and name of painting. Also in black, the picture itself is signed. Thanks for helping me out.

Peter Hayward was a twentieth century American painter and sculptor.  He was a member of the Salmagundi Club, the Honolulu Art Association and other prestigious fine art groups. He rotated between New York City, Hawaii, Florida and New England.  His canvases are vibrant, brightly hued city scenes or seascapes, generally.  They come to public auction on occasion and depending on quality, composition, size, condition and all the other variables of taste, fetch between $500-$1,000.  

You likely have a reproduction or lithograph. You can quickly see how popular the "Brookside Mill" picture is when you type this plus the artist's name into a web image search.  In this case, your picture is likely worth less than $100.  My suggestion is to either hang it and enjoy it, give it to someone who will, or sell it in a local consignment shop if you are looking to sell it.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration