Fine Art/Peter Hayward Painting

Question
I have a signed Peter Hayward Painting called "Brookside Mill". I was trying to see if it was authentic and what is the value. It has a gold tag with artist name and name of painting. Also in black, the picture itself is signed. Thanks for helping me out.

Answer
Peter Hayward was a twentieth century American painter and sculptor.  He was a member of the Salmagundi Club, the Honolulu Art Association and other prestigious fine art groups. He rotated between New York City, Hawaii, Florida and New England.  His canvases are vibrant, brightly hued city scenes or seascapes, generally.  They come to public auction on occasion and depending on quality, composition, size, condition and all the other variables of taste, fetch between $500-$1,000.  

You likely have a reproduction or lithograph. You can quickly see how popular the "Brookside Mill" picture is when you type this plus the artist's name into a web image search.  In this case, your picture is likely worth less than $100.  My suggestion is to either hang it and enjoy it, give it to someone who will, or sell it in a local consignment shop if you are looking to sell it.  

Stuart Cartwright