Fine Art/Chagall Lithograph

Question
I purchased "Sketch for the Angel of  Mozart" nine years ago for  $ 1,200.00 . Description - Lithograph after a gouache,1965, edition unknown ( c. 2500 impressions ) deluxe publication for the LePlafond de L'Opera de Paris . The lithograph was put on stone by Charles Sorlier . The impression is signed in pencil. ( a complimentary signature, no number or date ). Has this work increased in value. Thank you .

Answer
Dear Peter,

The value of the work is difficult to discern as Chagall did not hand-sign his large editions, particularly those published for books. That is not to say the work is not hand-signed by him as he could have signed it at an exhibition opening or another event, but for an expert opinion as to the value I would suggest contacting the Comité Chagall below. Best of luck. Andrew Evans

Comité Chagall
35, quai de l’Horloge
75001 Paris
FRANCE
Tel +33 (0) 1 40 51 74 70
Fax +33 (0) 1 40 51 74 71
cmc@marcchagall.org

Andrew Evans