Fine Art/rembrandt print

Question
I have a black and gold framed Rembrandt print. "THE STUDENT"
It has a label on the back from the Catalda Fine Arts, Inc.
It reads as follows: Title 7774 The Student
         Artist Rembrandt
         Frame No.T 657
         Order No. 6201
Looks likes it has something hand written on it. 6ABG or GABG
I cant quite make it out but any information that you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Sheila

Answer
Dear Shelia,

Catalda Fine Arts produced reproductions of famous paintings or paintings by famous artists during the mid-twentieth century. The Rembrandt has only decorative value (no real collectible value) which depends on how much someone is willing to pay for it. The 6ABG or GABG could be an additional order number from the particular place where the work was sold, as Catalda prints were sold in Macy's and other stores across the country. You can try contacting the Colonial Art Gallery & CO which acquired all of Catalda's assets in 1983 if you are interested in knowing more about the history of the work, as they should have records and might be able to provide you with anything else you may seek. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans