Fine Art/Walter Douglas painting

Walter Douglas painting
Walter Douglas paintin  

Walter Douglas signature
Walter Douglas signatu  
I purchased this neglected but beautiful painting at an estate sale.  I'm trying to determine if it's valuable enough to stabilize and restore.  Is there any information you could share to help me?  I'd also appreciate any referral you may know in the Charlotte area if the painting is worth restoring. It measures 23" x 19.5" and is oil on canvas.

Walter Douglas is a New Jersey known as an Animal and wildlife painter. This is a beautiful painting that will only get better with restoration. I don't know anyone in the Charlotte area. The closest would be Atlanta. The replacement value of this painting is $1,500-$1,700.
Thank You, Joe.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University