Fine Art/Bernard Corey painting

Question
Bernard Corey painting
Bernard Corey painting  
I have a framed original Bernard Corey oil painting on canvas. Ive been online for days and I can't seem to find any information or even a photo of the painting I have...can you tell me how much my piece is worth?

Answer
Dear Kelly,

As this artist is outside of my knowledge range I did some research into his auction listings and the market prices vary widely for his work. If your work is unsigned the range appears to be between $0-$200 and if the work is signed the range appears to be between $300-$1,000 depending on the desirability of the image, size, condition, and framing.

If you deem the painting to be an original, then it is normal that it should not appear online as there is no collected resource (i.e. a catalogue raisonné) for all of Bernard Corey's works as they are not all known. For an exact estimate of it's worth and to verify the authenticity, you will want to contact an appraiser who will research the market and Bernard Corey. A legitimate appraiser can be found here at The American Society of Appraisers: http://www.appraisers.org/ . Hopefully that helps. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans