Fine Art/Catalda Fine Art Ny, NY

I have recently acquired  3 paintings from Catalda Fine Arts New York, NY...they are by the Artist Daffinger...SA329! Please let me know the value in what I have!
Thank you,
Terry Cullen

Dear Terry,

Catalda Fine Arts produced reproductions of famous paintings or paintings by famous artists during the mid-twentieth century. Unfortunately, the works that you have by Catalda are likely reproductions with only decorative value (no real collectible value). Catalda Fine Arts has a somewhat marred reputation, as they were involved in litigation for many years regarding copyright violations to the images that they produced.

The values can vary on these Catalda works based on factors such as the desirability of the image, the artist, size, condition, and framing.  Even for a reproduction, if it is a nice, well-framed work, a few hundred dollars might be the highest, but it all depends on the buyer.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University