Fine Art/Chagall Lithograph

My wife was given a Chagall lithograph as a gift.  I was trying to see what if any value it has.  How do I find the value? How do I go about selling it?

Dear Mark,

The work by Chagall you have is titled "Magic Flute" and it was created in 1967. Masterworks Fine Art has a listing here for the work:

There are multiple versions of the work, and as I cannot make out the edition number, the hand-signed edition of 200 is considered to have the most value. If you want to research the price, you can check previous auction listings at sites such as Sotheby's or Christies. This will give you the market price, not the retail price which varies depending on condition, framing, the place and demand. So if you are interested in selling the work there are multiple options:

1. You can sell the work directly to an art gallery or consign the work to them.
2. You can place it for auction at an auction house.
3. You can sell it yourself using any number of places such as eBay, 1st Dibs, etc.

Hopefully that helps and good luck. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University