Fine Art/Dior Vargas, Batik Piano

Question
I have an 1889 Steinway Grand Piano
It was covered in Batik by Diao Vargas,  I am wondering if there is a market for this piano and what is the value.  The piano is physically in very good condition, however it is not in perfect playing condition.

I saw that it was originally on sale for $250,000.  

Thank you.

Michael

Answer
Michael, it is difficult to place a FMV on this piece because nothing similar has sold at auction. His Batiks sell for much less at auction. I believe that there may be 1 or 2 galleries in NYC that still. Represent him you may want to contact them to get a more accurate figure. desirability please a large part in what a piece will bring at auction I believe that this piano would probably bring 10 to 15,000 at auction.that is without seeing the piano in person if the condition is not as good as I believe it to be the value would be less if I find more information out in the future value maybe more.

Joseph B. Laskowski