Fine Art/joan miro

Question
untitled
untitled  

untitled
untitled  
I recently bought a hoard of 55 pieces of fine art,forgotten in the back room of a consignment shop. Artists include Miro,Calder,Vasarley,Marnini,Dali,Agam and more. All are signed and numbered. The Miro print is one piece I'm really having trouble identifying. I know it's from 1970, untitled, and a limited edition of 250. Is there any information you might know on this piece?

Sicerly,
Jason

Answer
Dear Jason,

The title of your work is "Sans titre", 1970. It is based off of the gouache and white charcoal on black paper of the same name. Miro created a series titled "Sans titre" and there are multiple works within the series, which is what makes finding yours particularly difficult. If you want a beautiful description of the orinigal work, please go here: http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot/joan-miro-sans-titre-4440500-details.aspx  

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans