Fine Art/Moshe Gat original ink on paper

Moshe Gat Original
Moshe Gat Original  
I am trying to sell an original 20" x 28" Moshe Gat painting. I have been told by Dumochelle's Gallery in Detroit that there is little to no market for this. I have also found online at a comparable painting listed for $2,650.00. What am I to believe and how can I sell this painting?

Dear Harold,

I am unfamiliar with Moshe Gat, but in doing research his work is not particularly active on the secondary market at this time. I checked the listed auctions, along with RoGallery, and his works have simply not sold. His prints seem to sell for at best $50 and I could not find a recent original recent work that sold, so I would believe DuMochelle's. As there is not a market right now for his works, and you do not want to sell it yourself, you can contact a gallery that features his works and either consign the work or sell it directly to them if they are open to purchasing it. Other than that I am not sure if an auction house will take it but that is also an option. Best of luck. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University