Fine Art/Rainbow Trail

Rainbow Trail
Rainbow Trail  
I have a print off Rainbow Trail by Rico Tomaso. I don't know if it has any value or not. I had never heard of him until I was handed this picture. Any help or information you can give will be much appreciated.

Dear Genie,

In doing research as I am unfamiliar with this artist, Rico Tomaso was an American artist who lived from 1898 to 1985. As fellow All Expert Dolly answered back in 2008 which still rings true today, "His work is not particularly active on the secondary market at this time. I checked the listed auction prices for his original paintings and they range from a couple of hundred to several thousand dollars. Certainly the subject matter makes a difference in the desirability of an artistís work and it appears Tomasoís illustrations and Native American paintings gain the highest prices at auction." Rico Tomaso created many images that were released as prints on canvas so if you have a reproduction the work would be worth less. If you want to verify the medium, I would suggest taking the work to a local gallery, antique shop, or auction house and they will be able to assist you. Hopefully that helps. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University