Fine Art/Pitcher Picasso/Look

Small Pitcher
Small Pitcher  

Small Pitcher
Small Pitcher  
Hello, this has the picasso look or a copy.  Light inscription on bottom.

Dear Carrie,

I unfortunately do not have access to the Alain Raime catalogue "Picasso : Catalogue of the Edited Ceramic Works 1947-1971" which lists all of Picasso's accepted ceramics so I cannot tell you if it is a copy or not and given the markings on the bottom are so light I cannot quite make out what they read. However here is an excellent resource for Picasso ceramics at Masterworks Fine Art: that you can use in helping to identify your work as I'm sure the markings appear clearer in person. I'm sure you can also contact the gallery to aid in identifying it as they appear to have a wide collection of Picasso ceramics in their inventory. Best of luck. Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University