Fine Art/Barrister painting

Question
Barrister Painting
Barrister Painting  
Hi Dolly.

Mom has gone to a nursing home & we are trying to clear things out.  

A lady told me she thinks this picture may have some value.  I have searched & there are lots like it but not with the cottage to the right side.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time,
Barb

Answer
Dear Barb,

There are numerous paintings on the secondary market that are signed Barrister. I have read he was an artist from Cape Cod and another opinion that this is a mass produced painting from China that was sold in the 1970's at Starving Artist shows across the country. It is considered a decorative painting more than fine art, but that should not diminish the value it has to any particular collector. You can find many examples of this artist's work online and that should give you an idea of it's current market value.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley