Fine Art/Fredrick Ogdon

Question
I have a Fredrick Ogdon painting but it's not on cardboard .
It is on a thin sheet of paper and the frame looks really old.
How can you tell if this is a print or an original?

Answer
Dear William,
I looked up the work of Frederick Ogden and his medium is oil on canvas. I was not able to find any watercolors by the artist which would be an original medium on paper. Things to look for: 1) Any writing at the bottom of the image that may denote a printer/publisher 2) If you have access to a jewelers loupe, look at the image at the margins or in an area where the color transitions from dark to light. If you see a repetitive pattern, it is a reproduction.
If you are still unsure you should take it to a local expert, at an art/antique store or museum.
I hope this is helpful. I did see some of his work reproduced on paper, so my first inclination is that you have a reproduction offset lithograph.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley