Fine Art/Ship Painting Ambrose

Ambrose full
Ambrose full  

signature Ambrose
signature Ambrose  
I have a ship painting that my boyfriend's parents are trying to get rid of.  It is signed AMBROSE all capital letters.  It is 3 feet by 2 feet.  I saw that you had answered a similar question previously a number of years ago.  Please let me know if this is real and I should let them know.

Dear Natasha,

Your painting resembles the work of John Ambrose (b.1931 Brierley Hill, Staffordshire - d. 2010 Cornwall, England). He was a Member of the Royal Society of Marine Artists. There are many examples of his work currently for sale on the internet, including ebay so you can get an estimate of current market value by searching using "Ambrose, ship".

I hope this is helpful.

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.