Fine Art/Alexander Jackson Davis

Amherst College, Mass
Amherst College, Mass  

Amherst College
Amherst College  
I bought an old lithograph that looked unique.After doing some research it was made by Alexander Jackson Davis.This exact one is at museum in Mass. Its called Amherst College.I was curious if it had any value. Thanks!

Dear Walter,

This lithograph is unfortunately not by Alexander Jackson Davis as he did not do printmaking, but rather the lithograph is of a building at Amherst College that was designed by the architect, Alexander Jackson Davis. Davis was a prominent and influential antebellum architect who popularized building styles from the classical, medieval, and Renaissance periods, sometimes mixing them in a single structure. As this is not a work or style I am familiar with I do not know who the work is done by and unfortunately nothing came up in image search for the piece. What I can suggest doing is contacting Amherst College and seeing who the printer of the work is and going from there for information. Best of luck. Andrew Evans.  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University