Fine Art/painting

Question
don\'t know
don't know  
Vanguard studios stamp on back. Sign by what looks like Van Graut. Any value to it? I am sending an image.

Answer
Dear Jesse,
I hope you are doing well. I researched for an artist by the name given and there are none listed. Possibly you have the incorrect spelling, but it was not clear enough for me to determine. Generally most Vanguard Studio paintings were signed as Reynolds as it was a decorative art company for the mass market. Lee Reynolds hired artists to reproduce popular images in mass production and some of the artists were young and looking for the opportunity to make a living from their passion for painting. Very few were signed with a name other than Reynolds. Overall the painting is a fast palette knife impressionist style oil of a city scene. It is likely the artist has not become "listed" or if they have it is under a different name. Value is based on the collector market. Look at ebay using Vanguard Studio as a keyword and find similar work for current market value. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley