Fine Art/Picasso

Ok I have a Picasso painting that has been in storage since 1972. It comes with a letter of Authenticity along with two other signed prints from the artist. I have looked online and have only come across one other picture of the painting I have and it was itself a reprint of the painting. The woman I got this from is 96 years old and swears that it is the real deal and is a painting from Picasso. I know the two prints that came with it are real and signed by him so I'm wondering if this could actually be one of his paintings. Am I a fool for thinking this or is the real one holed up somewhere in a private collection or museum? Everything this woman has told me so far is true, from a rare 1876 gold mint coin to records signed by The Beatles, so could she be right in telling me its an actual painting and not a reprint?

Dear Adam,

The only way to know if it is in fact a real original Picasso painting is to get it authenticated by Pablo Picasso's son, Claude Picasso, or his granddaughter, Diana Widmaier Picasso. Both of their contact information is below. I am not sure what the process is but I am sure you will have to submit photos and provenance information to them. Best of luck. Andrew Evans    

Diana Widmaier Picasso
DWP Editions
Tel +33 (0) 1 44 86 05 05

Claude Picasso
T: +33 (0)1 47 03 69 70

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University