Fine Art/Joan Miro

Question
My father bought a print attributed to Joan Miro in 1970 in North Dakota.  I have seen it under the "Sculptures" collection, but the Certificate on the back states the title is "Mono" and that it is stone signed.  It is not numbered.  I can send photos if you'd like.  
Is it real?

Answer
Dear Gayle,

Whenever you see stone signature anywhere and it is not accompanied by a hand-signature that means the work is a reproduction of an original meaning it is unfortunately not a real Joan Miro but rather say a poster. A stone signature means the signature was completed during the printing process and is part of the produced print meaning the work is not hand-signed as some of Miro's lithographs and serigraphs are, which makes them original and valuable on the art market. If you'd like to see examples of his hand-signed lithographs and serigraphs, here is a great place: http://www.masterworksfineart.com/inventory/miro . I am sorry that is not better news. Andrew Evans.  

Andrew Evans