Fine Art/original etching by vanacker

roughly 7x9 hand signed by vanacker produced by edward gross. water way street scene. street on left waterway in middle, tree on right, there is no bridge in this one, houses have very high pointy roofs.  

what is it worth?
Will i devalue it if I reframe it?
do i try to keep backing paper with edward gross intact? it is already torn
do i have something or nothing?

You will not devalue a work of art by reframing unless that frame was made by the artist for the piece or it it is a carved frame by an important FrameMaker.
I would say take the back off but keep the label intact.
The value would be around $50.
Thank You, Joe

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University