Fine Art/Painting left to family estate

Question
Painting
Painting  

painting signature
painting signature  
My grandmother passed a few months ago and left a house full of valuables and antiques.  We are trying to get some of the items appraised and see what they might be worth.  Among the items was this painting on the wall in the upstairs bedroom.  There is a signature in the lower right corner that looks like it reads "Carrier Ciasel" or "Carrier Ciasrl" and the number 81 (we assume to mean 1981).  I remember my grandmother saying the painting was a gift, but don't remember if she said who gave it to her or where it may have come from.  As she has some other pieces in the room we believe are from Africa, we thought perhaps this painting was too.  I have attached a few photos, but for now we are stumped.  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.  Thank You.

Answer
Dear Stephanie,

Your artist is Haitian and his name is Clausel Carrier. You can read about the artist and see more of his work at:
http://www.haitian-art-co.com/artists/carrier.html

I hope this is helpful. My deepest sympathy for the loss of your beloved Grandmother.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley