Fine Art/print

Question
Return to Calvary
Return to Calvary  
hi, I have an old print ,fairly battered, printed by Louis wollf & Co. London. It is by the artist Herbert Schmalz, its called Return to Calvary and was printed in Vienna.Can you tell me ant more?

Rose

Answer
Rose,

The information you have regarding your print is spot on already. The work is a lithograph reproduction from an original oil on canvas by the artist Herbert Schmalz. It is titled "Return to Calvary" and the printer is Wolff & Co. Ltd. of London. As it is a print the work often has gone unsold at auction, but the price seems to be around $30 for it.

Here is a link to a different edition of your print, an engraving, that offers wonderful information:
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/23865234_engraving-the-return-from-calvary-schmalz

Hopefully that helps. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans