Fine Art/Rembrandt reproduction

Question
I have a Rembrandt reproduction called old man with red cap in a catalda fine arts frame with the
#8?57 and SA499 printed on the back. Could you please help me find out the year it was made?

Answer
Dear Sharika,

In regards to the Catalda reproductions there is no available catalog, so finding the year for such a work is incredibly difficult. The best possible resource is for you to contact the Colonial Art Gallery & CO which acquired all of Catalda's assets in 1983. The #8?57 refers to the inventory number of the work and they should have records, so they might be able to provide you the information you seek. Best of luck, Andrew Evans.  

Andrew Evans