Fine Art/Last Supper by H. Zabateri

Question
Last Supper by Zabateri
Last Supper by Zabater  
Hi Andrew,

I have a copy of Last Supper by H.Zabateri, printed in 1920. The size of the print is quite unusual, 46 inch long by 21 inch wide. The copy was damaged during transportation from East Europe to the US. I was suggested to search for the copy in museums that offer prints for sale. My question: In what museum can I locate the mentioned picture?

Thank you,

Zoryana

Answer
Dear Zoryana,

No museum is mentioned as owning the original work of art, and details on it are quite scarce. However I did find that the Museum Victoria in Australia has a print of the Last Supper by H.Zabateri in their collection and the comments might be helpful to you (http://museumvictoria.com.au/collections/items/255904/print-the-last-supper-by-h).  

What I would suggest doing, as I assume you're trying to get an evaluation of the work, is what my fellow All Expert Dolly on here suggested to another individual who owns a version of the work as well and that is to assess it's condition and then do Google searches for Zabateri vintage Last Supper and compare the prices other people are asking and the age/condition of the print (http://en.allexperts.com/q/Fine-Art-3122/2011/8/zabateri-1.htm). If you're still not sure then I would suggest taking it to local auction house on a free evaluation day or to a fine art/antiques dealer and asking their opinion. The museum route is not a particularly good route as they cannot provide you with monetary figures and are often too understaffed to even provide you with the time. Hopefully that helps, Andrew Evans.

Andrew Evans