Fine Art/josef fellner

I have inherited an original painting by josef fellner. It is literally coming out of the frame,seems to be brittle. I hate to see it go to waste. would not mind donating to a charity. Is it worth re-framing? Is it worth donating?

Dear David,

Josef Fellner paintings have a collector following and in review I see his work of this type sells in the $500-1200 range. I could not locate sales later than 2009. A good framer can reset the painting in the existing frame. It is worth caring for and if the existing frame is not suitable I would have it re-framed. It will likely continue to increase in value.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.