Fine Art/josef fellner

Question
fellner
fellner  
I have inherited an original painting by josef fellner. It is literally coming out of the frame,seems to be brittle. I hate to see it go to waste. would not mind donating to a charity. Is it worth re-framing? Is it worth donating?

Answer
Dear David,

Josef Fellner paintings have a collector following and in review I see his work of this type sells in the $500-1200 range. I could not locate sales later than 2009. A good framer can reset the painting in the existing frame. It is worth caring for and if the existing frame is not suitable I would have it re-framed. It will likely continue to increase in value.

Best regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley