Fine Art/Original Oil Floral by Redon

I have an original painting titled"Floral" by an artist named Redon. I can't make out the first initial but it looks like an L. There's a certificate of authenticity from Merrill Chase attached to the back of the frame with this number 30357KT.  Is it possible for you to give me more information regarding this painting as to the age & the artist. I can send a photo of it if you wish.

Dear Marsha,

Since you did not send an image of the painting or signature I cannot tell you who the artist is. There is a listed artist; Odilon Redon (April 20, 1840 - July 6, 1916), that you may want to do a Google search on to see if his work is similar. Redon signed his name in many different ways so I do not have one for you to compare. I will provide a link to a website that carries all of his known paintings. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.